- - - - NEWS - - - -
The urban archaeology network: urban archaeology in 2020!
We will talk about practising urban archaeology in 2020 along the following main themes:
• challenges around preserving archaeological remains in situ;
• pressures on time, resources and funding;
• competition with many other public interests – better transport, new housing, more tourism;
• new techniques in modelling, researching and excavating urban sites;
• increasing pressure from politicians, funders – and from archaeologists themselves.
Please join our session. [Read More…]
This is a compilation of the blogs written during the Communitymeeting in Rome (March 21-24 2019)
Just sitting in the courtyard enjoying the fine weather of Rome in spring, it is a good moment of reflecting on the days ahead. Entering the ministery of antiquities you can’t escape the posters of our meeting. This afternoon will be the official kick-off. [Read More…]
Also this year there will be a special session about Urban Archaeology at the EAA conference!
Please join us and send in an abstract!
# 394 : The Urban Archaeology Community network: Urban Archaeology in 2020
After the 2017 conference in Maastricht, the Urban Archaeology community was founded. This is a platform for urban archaeologists in Europe to meet and discuss recent issues and developments in Urban Archaeology. Since then the group has met twice at EAA conferences in Barcelona and Bern,and at our own interim meeting in Rome. [Read More…]
At the Barcelona meeting, the EAA Community for Urban Archaeology was officially started. It was a highly dynamic session with a highly engaged audience. The result was a flying start for the community with big plans for the future. [Read More…]
Admin - 15:48:53 | Add a comment