The EAA urban archaeology community has two meetings scheduled next week:
Monday 7 September at 12.30 we have the community businessmeeting scheduled. Its main goal is to exchange ideas and improve our community. We are one of the largest communities within the EAA. [Read More…]
Admin - 14:35:39 | Add a comment
17 December 2020, 10.00-11.00 AM CET: The official launch of the book Managing Archaeology in Dynamic Urban Centres, edited by Paul Belford and Jeroen Bouwmeester.
The launch will be hosted by the Cultural Heritage Agency of the Netherlands, who provided funding for the publication. The chair of the meeting is Jos Bazelmans (Cultural Heritage Agency of the Netherlands). [Read More…]
The urban archaeology network: urban archaeology in 2020!
We will talk about practising urban archaeology in 2020 along the following main themes:
• challenges around preserving archaeological remains in situ;
• pressures on time, resources and funding;
• competition with many other public interests – better transport, new housing, more tourism;
• new techniques in modelling, researching and excavating urban sites;
• increasing pressure from politicians, funders – and from archaeologists themselves.
Please join our session. [Read More…]